Found some interesting questions on this blog, and with open nomination, I wanted to answer them for my readers too.
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
Well, my best friend calls me ‘Aaru’, and one of my close friends call be ‘Grizzly’, because I kind of resemble one. Most of my old friends just call me ‘Mote’.
Nicknames comes from heart and are exclusive, so I don’t bother what I’m called.
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I usually don’t, but when I do it’s mostly circles or assymetric polygons.
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I scroll endlessly on Quora, WordPress or Facebook. At other times, I watch the ever informative TED or WhatIf videos on YouTube.
4. Do people consider you as talkative or quiet?
I honestly have no idea. It depends on who I’m talking to honestly. People would have radically opposite views.
5. What makes you cry?
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Blocked corridors. I really get annoyed when I’ve to walk slowly, because the people in front of me have to walk in a large group.
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
I don’t think I look at all, except once or twice while brushing teeth.
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
My mom used to tell me a tale that a scary old man, or ‘boodhe baba’, would come to scold me if I don’t sleep on time. But, it’s 1:27 AM as I write this, so I certainly don’t believe in it anymore.
9. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
I don’t think I have one. I’ve thought about it every time when Karan Johar asks that to some guest during Rapid Fire on his show, but I really don’t. Can watching his show be considered one?
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
I don’t think answering that publically would be correct.
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
It’s extremely rare. But, I keep up with the news through social media, especially Twitter. Bollywood is something I’m always updated of. Except that, if something interested or important is happening in the world, then I’m probably following it.
12. Which animal scares you the most?
Minotaur. I’m no Percy.
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
It depends on what it’s about, and who’s on the other team. I don’t engage unless I believe in what I’ve to say very strongly. I always prefer debates and discussions.
14. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received?
Zealous Homo sapiens
I’ve only read one poem of yours and I’m already in love with your poetic soul and your stream of consciousness writing. So beautiful. Thank you for putting your authentic self out there for us to celebrate. I too had written a poem for a boy-friend of mine. Totally relatable
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
Which EM Wave is used in RADAR system?
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
Octopus. In Delhi. It was delicious.
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
Few close friends, while having several acquaintances with mutual respect.
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
Is this questionare to make me realise that I’m boring?
19. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why?
Singapore. Can’t describe by words, but it has something special to it.
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
I’ve thought about it a lot of times. Don’t have an answer.
21. When was the last time you lied?
I lie to myself all the time.
22. What’s something that amazes you?
That how little understanding we have of science in presence, despite spending centuries understanding it. It’s the depth of the science, of this universe, that amazes me.
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
As much as I am enthusiastic about space exploration, I would rather be the latter. Because, a) I’m sure there are people who’ll be able to make more use and take more readings than me on a new planet in given time, & b) It is an hour of need for all of us already.
24. What is your favorite amateur activity?
25. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
“Should I start with Amines, or continue with Chemistry in Everyday Life?“
Spoiler Alert: “Maine socha hatto yaar. Neend puri karne pe concentrate karo.”
26. What is your favorite song (at least at the moment)?
27. List someone you know, and describe them in 5 words.
I wouldn’t name the person, but 5 words would be: Elegant, Sweet, Kind, Hard-working, Perfect.
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
I don’t know if Isaac Newton can be counted here, but I would like to ask him that how was he in so many fields of science, and made such huge contributions? I would ask the same to Albert Einstein.
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
To boost my self confidence, I like to think that I look like Matthew Perry in this pic. But that’s just to boost my self confidence.
Warna, ham door se Varun Dhawan hi dikhte hai.
30. What do you want me to know?
I just told you a lot of things. That’s enough, I guess.
So, guys, that was some stuff about me. Readers, feel free to answer these questions, and do not forget to share the link in the comment box! Anything else you want to ask me or know about me? Feel free to comment!